if you know me, you will know that WILD does not *exactly* describe me.
well, i suppose it depends on whose comparison scale you stack me up against….
if you’re talking a nun wearing a gown, a veil and a wimple, then, yes.
i would be wild stacked against that.
if you’re talking Harley Davidson-black-leather and tattoos, then, no.
i’m not wild.
there is probably a time period in my life when my parents thought i was ‘wild’.
and, maybe they still do.
but i digress.
so…i’ve enjoyed all of the gone WILD x’s 7 posting that i’ve been reading around here on xanga, and when Audrey tagged me, i thought ‘great, what in the WORLD could i talk about?’.
i don’t live too throw-caution-to-the-wind like.
i am after all a first born.
and, somewhat type A personality.
but, if coming up with 7 wild things can be done and shared and enjoyed by so many others, i shall try to add my couple cents worth to that.
1. i grew up on a farm and was for a long time, my dad’s chief calf raiser. i LOVE caring for cattle, and in fact, for nearly all of my growing up years, i KNEW i was going to marry a dairy farmer and be a farmers wife til my dying day. funny how our ideals and dreams don’t always pan out as we are so sure they will.
2. i have birthed all of my children with no pain meds. no epidurals, nothing. i set out to do that with my first one because, as one of my dearest friends said of me long ago, i’m one stubborn mule. (she may have used another 3 letter word in place of mule, but i try to keep it clean here on xanga) since that first birth almost exactly 8 years ago, i have been ever so glad i’ve taken that stance. not that i’m opposed to pain meds nor am i saying i will never take anything while in labor, but if i can, and i think i can, i will continue to do that duty without meds.
3. i have been stopped for speeding exactly 3 times in my life. and, never once did they give me a ticket. not sure why really. i so deserved it. i do sort of like fast cars and someday hope to drive a mini cooper Charlize Theron style as she drives on the Italian Job movie. (swoon!!)
4. one of the drawing factors for me in watching ‘Lost’ is the hot guys on the show. (yes, my husband knows this. and, yes, he thinks it’s nuts!)
5. Tim McGraw is the only other Tim i love. (again, yes, my husband knows this and is not threatened!)
6. i have a fetish for canning. one year, i think my total jars canned was close to 500. it’s a little out of control.
7. i am on a first name basis with our towns police department. not because i have domestic issues or because they are the ones who have pulled me over those three times, but because of my crossing guard position that is thru the police department. it is so hilarious to me, that little-old-plain-jane-Rachel is known by name by the police. and in fact, one of the contacts in my phone is the chief of police and whenever i call him i’m so sure he won’t remember who i am, and yet he’s always like ‘oh hi Rachel, how are you doing?’.
my chance on the wild side’s pretty rad, right?
i’m okay with it.
i must get on with the day.
kids are out of school and we have a birthday to celebrate this weekend!
hard to believe!!!